Our client is a healthy and profitable metal fabrication company. Earlier this year, our client had growth initiatives, including leasing new production equipment, hiring additional skilled labor, and initiating software upgrades when a sudden change occurred. The Governor’s Pause order, a result of the COVID-19 virus, creates an unusual time of economic uncertainty and business interruption.
While the company was exempt and could continue to operate, new concerns arose:
- Will my customers still be here?
- Will they be able to pay their bills?
- How do I maintain my labor force?
- How do I maintain relationships with my venders and lenders?
- What are my liabilities in accepting the PPP stimulus?
- What does my available cash flow look like today and into the future?
- What impact will this have on my personal net worth?
Our client’s focus shifted towards making the tough business decisions required to adjust to the ever-changing circumstances.